Work for Us
It's more than just a job. . .
If you’re currently seeking a position in financial services, get in touch. We offer a wide range of opportunities, plenty of scope for progression and a supportive and friendly environment to flourish in.
When you join Ellis Bates, you’ll work for a business that offers:
- Great career opportunities; whether you’re an Adviser, Administrator, Accountant or Paraplanner.
- An enjoyable work/social life balance - a great team spirit, both in and out of the business with lots of opportunities to get together socially and raise money for local charitable causes.
- An inclusive philosophy that recognises the value of every team member.
Great people, great working environment - but don’t just take our word for it. . .
“When I joined Ellis Bates I was immediately impressed with the level of support an adviser receives across all departments from paraplanning, through to business processing, administration and on-going servicing. In addition, the ability to tap into our in-house technical expertise in the areas of investments, pensions and tax and trust planning has been invaluable. This in house high level expertise, I believe, allows me to offer my clients advice that is second to none.” - Mike Andresco, Financial Planning Consultant
We believe in recruiting for attitude and training for skill, focusing on your personal attributes as well as your past experience. If you are energetic, ambitious, change-orientated, open, friendly and have a passion to succeed then we'd like to hear from you.
Why work for Ellis Bates?
It’s always been our belief that people are important to our business and we’re proud to have achieved the Investors in People (IIP) accreditation.
This means that we’re committed to investing in our employees and providing better facilities and benefits, which include:
- Competitive salary and regular one to one reviews
- Access to E-volve our on line learning academy to support you in your personal development
- Study leave and financial support for study including a bonus on completion of exam
- Workplace pension (auto-enrolment)
- Up to 30 days of annual leave
- Life assurance (four x salary)
- Death in service cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Annual eye test
- Free car parking (Harrogate Only)
- Free, confidential, Employee Assistance Program
- Staff introduction scheme – recommend a friend and if they're hired we'll pay you a finder's fee (£500)
- Professional subscriptions paid
We’re committed to being a great place to work and we are constantly reviewing and developing our policies and working practices.
Our recruitment process
The process varies depending upon the level of the role applied for, but typically it will involve an initial telephone screening with the HR Manager. If successful, you will be invited to a second competency based interview with the departmental manager and the HR Manager. As part of this process we will share with you our company values (we are passionate, we are ambitious, we do what's right, we do it together) and we will ask you to provide examples of how you demonstrate your behaviour against those values. Depending upon the level of the role a personality questionnaire and some psychometric tests may be undertaken as part of this second stage.
Can’t see a position that’s right for you?
Even if we don't currently have a job vacancy that you're interested in, we're always keen to keep in touch with talented people. Contact Jo Nickell-Lean, HR Manager through our contact form.
All of our employees are given the chance to build on their experience, to develop new and existing skills through various learning opportunities and to grow within their current roles by getting involved with new company initiatives.
Our agency policy
We have in place a relationship with a trusted agent who works within our agreement. Therefore please note we do not accept speculative CVs from head hunters, search firms or agencies. Any applications made without prior engagement will be treated as a direct applicant and as a result we will not pay a fee.
We currently don’t offer placement/sandwich or gap years. Our experience has told us that due to the technical nature of the work that we do anything shorter than a two year placement does not work for us.
If you are a final year University student, a recent graduate or have experience of working in an office already but hold no financial qualifications and are looking to start a permanent, full time career within our industry, then please do get in touch with us.